Back to All Articles
Content Calendar Hacks
January 27, 2023
Introduction: Content Calendar Hacks
Content marketing is a powerful tool to build and nurture relationships with your customers. However, it can be challenging to create relevant and engaging content on an ongoing basis. To help you stay inspired for your next video, blog post or social media update, we’ve rounded up some of our favorite hacks for creating a content calendar that works!
Create a content calendar that fits your audience.
The first step in creating an effective content calendar is knowing your audience.
- Know what types of content they like to consume. Do they prefer short videos or long blogposts? Are they more likely to watch a video at work, or read something at home on the weekend?
- Understand how they consume content. Are they more likely to read articles on their commute in the morning, or watch videos on their lunch break at noon? Which social media platforms do they use most often: LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram (or all four)?
Create a content calendar that fits your business goals.
Next, you need to consider your goals and objectives. A content calendar is a tool that helps you plan your content and save time but it’s also a great way to measure your performance, as it allows you to see how well your efforts are working in real-time. The best part? You don’t need to follow any specific rules when creating a calendar–only guidelines! Here are some tips on how to create a content calendar that fits your business goals:
- Choose the right platform for tracking goals and objectives (e.g., Google Calendar or Excel)
- Set up recurring events so that they appear automatically on every date in which they’re due (e.g., Monday mornings at 9 am)
- Create separate calendars for each type of content (e.g., video, blog posts, social media updates, etc.)
- Create a template or theme for each category to stay organized and quickly get a landscape view of your content types
Then consider how you want to display your calendar. Do you want to see all the events at once or just one day at a time? Will it be easier for you to keep track of your content if it’s in one place or spread out over several different platforms? With a visual representation of all the different types of content you’ll be creating over time– it will be easier for you to see everything at once. Use a content calendar to increase your online visibility, drive traffic to your website (lead gen opps), and increase brand awareness.
Remember, it may take some trial and error before you find something that works well for your brand–but with all of these tips at our disposal, we’re confident you’ll be able to do so!
Now, how do you fill that content calendar? We suggest a video-first digital marketing approach!